Sunday, January 23, 2011

Random Sunday

June 08 Roadtrip 309



Today brought to you by random scraps...

Diet: I have lost 8 pounds since the first of the year. Go me!

Diet 2: While I am still trying to avoid animal products, I still crave them. We had veggie sausages for dinner last night and all I could think of was that while it looked like a sausage, it didn't taste like one. It's the same feeling I get when I eat a Boca Banzai Burger at Red Robin. I think sometims it's better to stay away from faux meats and just eat things that have no meaty tasting expectations.

Sometimes I think that if you're craving something that badly, maybe you just make an exception that day. But then I think of the hypocrisy in that. If it's just about health, the occasional exception works, but if it's about cruelty, then meat can't be "wrong" except for when I'm craving a burger. Stupid conscience! Food becomes complex with you really think about it. Someday I will work it out...

The point for now: some things just cannot be faked. Maybe it's better to just replace them with other things.

Alpacas and Llamas: Cute! I have heard that they are very smart. When I lived on The Prairie (sadly, it wasn't in a little house, but a crappy apartment), there was a farm that used llamas as herders.

No comments: