Wednesday, January 05, 2011

New Year’s Meme

This year, I started the new year off with a trip. It's a work trip, but a trip nonetheless. Today, I escape the hotel to go to a super secret offsite meeting. I am not supposed to know where it is, but I do, and it's COOL! I can't post it here yet, just in case anyone I work with sees (doubtful, since none of them know about this blog, but it's not worth getting fired over, so I think I can keep my mouth shut a few more hours.) Knowing that it will be another late night with work to do when I return, I flagrantly pilfered the following meme from justabunchofsilliness.blogspot.com and filled it out before I left for my trip in case I didn't have time to write anything.


  1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
    I spent a month as a vegan. While I still eat the occasionally bit of animal (usually fish or poultry), I've not gone back to my old meat eating ways. I had feared that Houston would be all barbeque and beef products, but I've actually had a really easy time so far finding good veg options – an insanely HUGE pasta fresca (seriously, at my house one order would feed four people and that's saying a LOT, because we like our food!) and peach-blueberry crisp from
    Grand Lux Cafe last night and a roasted vegetable sandwich for lunch today.
  2. No, though I did know someone who was pregnant and had a miscarriage.

  3. No, thankfully.

  4. None. Except for work purposes, I barely left the county this year, let alone the country. This should probably be remedied!

  5. A real vacation.

  6. My birthday was a perfect mix of friends, travel, peacocks, and free ice cream. Plus, it was a warm, sunny day in March, which is a rarity in this part of the world.

    The holidays this year were super fun. I loved introducing my nephew to Norad's Santa Tracker and Mungmas (aka Christmas, Part 2) was a blast. I now think it should always involve a Battle of Wits, Feat of Strength and Game of Chance as part of its traditional observance.

  7. I made some major changes to the way I eat – less processed food, very few animal products.

  8. I should have said "Yes" more and had more fun.

  9. Nothing serious, thankfully, but I've been like a walking disaster lately. In the past few days, I've fallen and gotten a bloody nose and cut a slice into the tip of my thumb.

  10. My Droid. I debated for a long time about spending the money, but I've gotten a lot of use and enjoyment out of it.

  11. My adopted nephew and niece. One started Kindergarten and the other started college. Both are doing really well.

  12. It bummed me out that President Obama would speak out in support of Michael Vick, even if the call was never meant to be public. People who abuse animals disgust me. As far as I'm concerned, Vick's second chance is that he is not still in jail. It disappoints me that someone I supported would spend energy advocating for second chances for someone who would engage in the kind of abuses Vick did.

  13. Bills, groceries, household expenses, gas, presents for the boy. Okay, maybe clothes for me and some dinners out too.

  14. Starting to research my family history. Ancestry.com is nerdtastically addictive!

  15. As much as I love music, it's sad to say, but there is none in particular.

  16. Happier or sadder? Happier, my job hardly ever makes me cry anymore

    Thinner or fatter? Probably about the same

    Richer or poorer? Slightly richer, but not enough for it to make much difference.

  17. Road trips, photography, writing, music, spending time with friends.

  18. Work, worry

  19. Christmas Eve was spent at church and visiting friends, Christmas Day was at home with friends, and then we had a separate (and best) Christmas celebration with other friends.

  20. No, I gave up thinking so much about it. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, that's okay too. It's not something you can force.

  21. Glee, So You Think You Can Dance, Conan, The Daily Show

  22. I might occasionally vent or joke, but I don't truly hate anyone. Hate is a waste of energy.

  23. I can't think of a new one that particularly excited me. I did recently read and enjoy Wilkie Collins The Woman in White.

  24. More of a rediscovery – Jason Mraz.

  25. My mom is basically healthy after her pacemaker surgery.

  26. To lose weight.

  27. Not sure - I didn't see a lot of movies. Most of the ones I did see were with a kid, so the field is kind of limited. Maybe Burlesque. It was fun!

  28. I spent my plenty-ninth birthday having brunch with friends, then went on a mini-motor through Gorge and to Maryhill with other friends.

  29. Being home officed, spending more time on my personal life and less on my professional one.

  30. I don't think I had much of one. I don't typically look like a bum, but it was not an exciting year for fashion. 2011 looks much more promising.

  31. Pets, family, a sense of humor and reminding myself that most of the things we worry about really just little blips in the grand scheme of things.

  32. Johnny Depp, George Clooney, basically the old standbys.

  33. Healthcare, Don't Ask Don't Tell

  34. My dad

  35. The new programmer at work. She rocked and made my job so much easier!

  36. I REALLY need to get out more. If you spend too much time working, your answers to New Year's Surveys are going to be BOR-ing!

  37. I've been to Nice and the Isle of Greece and I've sipped champagne on a yacht. I've moved like Harlowe in Monte Carlo and showed 'em what I've got. [shimmy goes here, if you're dancing while you read]. I've been undressed by kings and I've seen some things that a woman ain't s'posed to see. I've been to paradise, but I've never been to me.


    (Ok, not really, but it's a lame question and the lyrics are so ridiculous, it would have been wrong not to use them!)








No comments: