Monday, January 31, 2011

January

So I've done it! I've posted approximately every day for a month. It was a different experience this time from past years. On the one hand, I didn't skip weekends and decided that as long as I posted approximately 30 posts, it didn't matter if some were back dated or if I missed a couple. (Hey, life gets in the way sometimes!)

On the other hand, I don't feel like I posted anything very exciting.  Last time, there were a few posts that ended up springboards for new writing. This time, I don't really feel like there was anything like that. A lot of it is just crap I posted to post something. Even if it wasn't particularly creative, though, it did start getting me in the habit of writing every day. So, I say, so far, so good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I enjoyed reading every one of them! Sherry

Jen said...

Hoorah! Congratulations! I love the picture at the top of this post - it is sublimely ridiculous. (I want a dotted petticoat now.)

As a fellow every day in January blogger, I know what you mean about not posting anything exciting BUT I think that posting something to post something is no crime, especially when it's in service of daily writing. I think maybe we should do it again in March.