It is getting late (but feels much later). On day three of my month long blogging experiment, I find myself tempted to just skip it, but that would be breaking my unspoken and just invented New Year's resolution to be better about following through on things. That does not, however, remedy the problem at hand. What I really wanted to post is not quite ready, and I find myself too tired to finish it right now. Instead, bearing in mind my other secret resolution - to be more grateful for the good things in my life - here is a list of eleven things that make me feel good:
1) Sunsets (especially watching them sunset from Crown Point or at the beach on summer evenings)
2) Getting a new haircut and color
3) Gypsy violins
4) Reading a book that is so good that I can't put it down, even though it is almost 2 a.m. and I know I will be sorry when the alarm goes off in the morning
5) Receiving mail that is not a bill, advertisement or credit card/loan offer
6) The ocean
7) That warm feeling that radiates from inside when someone says "I love you"
8) That I have convinced a coworker that she should never get into her car to leave the parking lot without first doing a little dance outside my window. (We have a rating system from 1 to 10 with a cumulative score based on choreography, originality, and over all performance. I even have score cards. It's like hosting my own version of "So You Think You Can Dance" from my cubie.)
9) Hearing Toby the dog bark and howl on my answering machine message whenever I call home. It makes me laugh every time. Sometimes I call when I know no one's there just so I can hear him.
10) Being around people who make me laugh so hard the spot behind my ears starts to hurt (you know who you are!)
11) Sunny days when I can drive around with an open moonroof