Friday, January 11, 2008

Collaboration!

As new years go, this one has (thusfar) been a great one for collaboration, which is something that does not always come so naturally to me. I don't know if it is my humble only child upbringing or my somewhat introverted nature, but I tend to embark on projects on my own. It's not that I don't enjoy working with other people or exchanging ideas (I do!), it's more that I'm so used to just doing something when I want to do it that I often don't think about the option of including someone else in my scheming. Those times that I do, it generally works out to be quite fun, so one of my goals on my 101 Things list is to collaborate on a project with someone.

But, then, I realized as I was writing my list that I already have started my year in a kind of informal collaboration - I have Wendy sending me writing prompts, Jen has embarked on my post-a-day project with me, and Anne has talked me into doing some joint blogging with her as we work through out respective lists. So, hooray to friends, new years, and making things!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I'm collaborating with you by ensuring that an entry about Collaboration is accompanied by at least one comment.

Or perhaps I've just ruined the pleasing irony of there not being one.