Friday, January 04, 2013

Bye, bye juice! Hello chewiness!

Today, my fast draws to a close. If you want to now more about it, you can take a field trip to my diet/happiness blog.  For now, I'll just say that there are no adequate words to describe how excited I am to go back to eating real food tomorrow. I've had a couple small lapses along the way, but am proud of myself for sticking with it. Realistically, anything is an improvement over the orgy of candy, chocolate and carbohydrates I've been engaging in for the past couple weeks. The lapses were small enough that I still consider this my first success of the new year. For once, I can't wait to weigh myself!

In preparation for my new life as a chewer, I made a trip to Trader Joe's tonight to help fill the fridge with healthy food choices and purchase ingredients for my celebratory chili. More about that tomorrow after I make it, but quite a few months ago, I bought a Casseroles, Slow Cooker & Soups cookbook that I have yet to actually use, so I decided it's time to break it out and spend some rainy day time in the kitchen to celebrate my return to being a person who eats instead of drinks her meals.

No comments: