Thursday, January 15, 2009

Yesterday was long and heinous. And I hate to break this to you, but I think you're old enough to hear: Some people seem inclined to be assholes simply for the sake of sheer asshattery. I won't go into it, because of the "no complaining" rule. So let me just say that I am thankful that my problems are limited to the crappy attitudes of a Data Warehouse half a continent away and that I didn't allow stress to divert me from my diet and that there are light, fluffy books, peppermint tea and mindless t.v. shows like American Idol to sink into on such days.

I am optimistic that today will be much, much better!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the artificial sweetener and caffeine free weeks. I am back on black tea now, though.

I believe your insight into onions is pretty profound and I may need to share this with others.

I've known for a long time what I wanted for a tattoo, but haven't gone through with it. Firstly, I want to see it myself if I'm going to spend money on it. That eliminates the back for sure. Secondly, I thought I would want it near my hip, but due to some weight gain and loss, I reconsidered that as a good idea, so I have not gone through with it. Maybe I'll plan a trip to Asia for my 40th birthday and get some fancy Japanese tattoo instead. What a souvenir! Maybe if you come, they'll give us a buy one get one free kind of deal!

Martina said...

Thanks! I almost broke down and had a latte today on a trip to visit some small booksellers in Salem, but reconsidered at the last minute.

A tattoo trip to Japan sounds fabulous, especially if they offer bogos! Do you know what kind of tattoo you want?