Tuesday, October 16, 2007

How Do You Solve a Problem Like Martina?

Just look at my new dress! Isn't it cute? Doesn't it scream gogo dancing nun? I have decided to cast off my gacktackular sick girl wardrobe and go back to dressing like a human, if that human wore a really short nun's habit and gogo boots, that is! It is all part of my plan to convince myself that I am no longer sick. It has been a week now, which I think is plenty! I am over it. I want to LIVE!

On the up side, being sick has resulted in some weight loss, which makes me happy. Imagine how thrilled I'd be if I'd had a tapeworm instead of the flu! (Not really, because tapeworms - worms of any sort, really - are gross. Also, I suspect they're not the healthiest way to lose weight, but what do I know? I'm not a doctor.)

Anyway, I am trying to be well, so I can go hear Crazy Aunt Purl talk at Powell's tomorrow night after work. Not having been anywhere but work, bed and cough drop runs since I went to see Cabaret, I am getting a little stir crazy. Thankfully, I can feel the healing power of my new dress already. Now if I only had that pair of gogo boots...

2 comments:

Jen said...

I love this dress!

And, I realized when reading Crazy Aunt Purl today that she's in town on THURSDAY, not Wednesday like I've been thinking all this time.

(I'm glad you're feeling better)

Martina said...

Having worn the dress for a full day, I have to say that I still love it. Not only does it make me want to get my groove on as a cage dancing nun, but it also was very comfortable.

Woo hoo! Thursday is even better! Good thing you said something or I'd have been wandering the aisles of Powell's tomorrow, wondering where everyone went!