Wednesday, February 01, 2012

January 2.0

Happy Imbolc, St. Brigid’s Day and New Year and welcome January 2.0 (known in some circles as February). January 1.0 sucked like an industrial grade hoover, so I have decided to start 2012 over again. TODAY is the first day of the rest of my life (possibly yours too). Here are my reasons why this seems like a good idea:

FACT: My post-a-day for a month project failed miserably after day two. My friend Jen’s was a shimmering success. This has done nothing to help me cultivate a feeling of superiority.

FACT: The second week of January, they laid off 100 people at work, including my favorite co-worker/primary helper.

FACT: On January 15th, I took the day off because I was catching a cold. Three weeks later, I am STILL coughing.

FACT: The diet I started at the end of January was derailed after a couple of days. February feels much better for salads and pre-packaged meals.

FACT: I barely read, wrote or made a thing all month.

FACT: Like Angel, who was doomed on Buffy never to find true happiness, January was probably cursed by a gypsy. I bet it was a Prometheus Unbound loving on who begins all of her curses with “I curse thee! Let a sufferer’s curse clasp thee, her torturer, like remove; Till thine Infinity shall be a robe of envenomed agony.” (TM Percy Bysshe Shelley, fine lyric poet/curser)

All of these signs point to February 1st being a great day to start over. It is Brigid’s day. Brigid! My favorite goddess and patron of healing, poetry and smithcraft. I have no beef with smithcraft and I KNOW I could use more healing and poetry in my life. So, Happy New Year! Here’s to new beginnings!

No comments: